Sunday, April 29, 2012

* * * CORRECTION * * *

On Saturday morning, unbeknownst to all of you, instead of doing the FNFT stats from the PC in my den - my normal place - I did them on my iPad by remote controlling my PC with it using a wonderful program called LogMeIn.  (From the comfort of my morning throne, mind you.  I know - you don't want to picture that.)  I did this as a dry run in preparation for when I'm going to be at Indy in a few weeks.  I wanted to see if I could do everything on the iPad and not have to bring a laptop computer along.

So what?

Well while the remote control software is very nice, it is still more cumbersome to control all of the highlighting of things with the mouse and all of the Ctrl-this and Alt-that functions I have to hit.  And when I copied Friday's hitting stats to me spreadsheet, I unknowingly failed to copy about 25 rows of stats.  About 7-8 of those players are in the league and so they were given credit for Saturday's game instead of Friday's game.  John astutely noticed that I had two of his players wrong and pointed it out to me.

I fixed everything that needed to be fixed.  So if you looked at the stats before 5:30 p.m. on Sunday, they were wrong and the new ones have been posted.  John and Joe improve by one game.  Joel and myself are one game worse.  All of the player stats and playoff probability graph that I posted this morning have been corrected as well.

I will bring a laptop computer with me to Indy.

No comments: