Sunday, June 07, 2009

DL

Does anyone besides me think we should have a DL? I have 4 players on the DL right now and 3 of them are too good to cut.

I think I'll propose that for next year - maybe a 2 player DL. You can only put players on who are on the MLB DL. Would you get an extra pickup then if you put a player on the DL? Or just get your regular weekly pickup but not have to cut anyone?

We had a DL back in the day and it was kind of a pain. It allowed teams to basically hoard players by putting them on the DL and then never take them off. Let's say I put my shortstop Cabrera on the DL. If my other SS is playing better, I could just leave Cabrera on the DL until I need him and when I do I essentially get a free pickup. I think we had a rule saying that once a player is off of the MLB DL you had to take him off of the FNFT DL, but that was very difficult to police.

Then if we had a DL I would have to figure out how to program it into the roster system - I don't know - maybe I just talked myself out of it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ABOUT TIME. I've been asking you about this since my first year in the league

Anonymous said...

dont pick players who are going to get hurt.