Wednesday, May 12, 2010

RULE CHANGES

This is very minor.  There are a couple of rule changes that I think I've talked about in the past but never implemented.  I'm going to pull a Bill France and implement them mid-season without asking anyone.

The first is that I've eliminated the rule saying that if you cut a player you can't pick him up for a month.  I thought I had gotten rid of this last year, but it was still in there.  There's absolutely no point in having that rule anymore.  It's a holdover from the days when Craig Haralson would effectively have a 35-40 man roster by making 8-10 transactions a week and re-picking up players before anyone else knew they were cut.  We've gone to a single pickup per game and a all of the transactions are clearly posted.  It's something I don't want to have to police.  So the rule is gone.  It was Rule K.4. if you were keeping track.

In it's place, I have a new rule stating:

K.4. Pickups for the next FNFT game can begin being made at midnight of the previous game day.  This rule, in conjunction with Rule K.2. essentially says that you may not make any pickups between 12:00 noon and 12:00 midnight of an FNFT game day.

You know when you log in and underneath the login box is says:  "NEXT GAME: Game 9, Friday May 14"?  That's the game number that gets posted in the transactions table for your pickups and helps me keep track of the one pick up per game rule.  I used to set that manually, so sometimes you would log in  Saturday morning, it would still say the next game was Friday (yesterday).  I changed that to update automatically at midnight of each game day. So basically, you can't make any pick ups on Friday night for the next game unless you stay up real late.

That is all. You may get on with your day.

No comments: