Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Eligible Positions

As I've mentioned earlier, the new stats service doesn't include games played by position, so I am not able to post eligible positions for all players. They do give me a "usual" position, which I've put in the stats in the place where eligible positions used to be.

For most players this doesn't matter, but for certain ones it does and will more and more as the season wears on. Unfortunately, you will all have to police this yourselves for now. If you play a guy in his "usual" position according to the stats, I'll count it as legal. If he's out of position according to that, I'll probably check and warn you. I'll keep looking for an alternative data source for this, but I have my doubts that I will find something suitable. It will probably have to be a manual process.

I did email STATS and request that they add it, but I don't know that they would do it this year as they don't like to change the data layout once it's established.

UPDATE: There are buttons on the website to the USA Today games played by position charts that are fairly easy to read.

No comments: