Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Game 1 Preliminary Stats

Despite Joel's YouTube videos (which I passed off as an April Fools joke - considering the source, that would be likely), the preliminary Game 1 stats were posted to the website at 6:30 this morning. If you ever go to the site and don't find something you think should be there, hit "refresh" on your browser. Sometimes I've needed to do that to get all of the latest updates. I recall adding something to the HTML code last year so you wouldn't have to do that, but I forget if it ever worked.

There is one error in the stats that I know of. Pitchers are not given credit for fractions of an inning pitched. The old stats service used to send me 6.3 for six and one third innings. The new service sends 6.1. When I rewrote the formula for pitcher's points, I forgot to take that into account. As an example, Ben Sheets (6.1 2 0 0 2 7) should have 22 points instead of 21.

Please let me know if you find anything else wrong. As I said, I pretty much needed to rewrite or make major edits to all of my spreadsheet formulas. It would be amazing if this were the only thing I missed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No April fool's joke intended. when i first looked, everything was zeros; hitting "refresh" brought up the prelim stats. Weird.

Looks like only hitters' scores are included in the team totals (so far). One thing: connor's team total shows as zero in team summary at top although his hitters had 11 points.

Scott Segrin said...

Yeah, threre are a couple of glitches here and there. I'll try to fix everything tonight.