Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Games Played by Position

I have been informed by Mark Mulder at STATS that they will soon be adding games played by position to the hitter's stats that I download every morning. This is great news as it will allow me to post eligible positions for players as I did last year. So just sit tight.

In other news, I've developed a new tool I use for posting lineups. I'm going to try to figure out a way to port it online so everyone can use it. It's a simple Excel file. The screen shot looks like this: (click on image for larger view)


You simply enter the ID numbers of your players in the first column and everything else fills in automatically. The chart on the left is your previous lineup which you can use for reference. It's not the Holy Grail I've always wanted, but if what we do now is analogous to drinking out of your cupped hands, this would at least be a paper cup. Maybe next week I'll post an Excel version for everyone (who has Excel) to try out.

No comments: